Music Video

Our Music Video:

Group 3 Music Video

Group 3 Front and Back Cover Digipak

The Digipak Front and Back Cover:

Our digipak front and back cover

Our digipak front and back cover

Group 3 Inside Cover Digipak

The Digipak Inside Cover:

Our digipak inside cover

Our digipak inside cover
Our artist's website:

Click the image below to access the website for Layla Obi


Tuesday 19 July 2016

Evaluation Q4: How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

Through doing this prelim I have learnt how we are able to use the Seward Studio set, operate professional film making equipment, perform and dance in front of the camera and style our actors to fit the genre of music that our video will have.

Pre-production & Production
  • It will be important having organised and detailed costume lists, make-up lists, prop lists, shootboards and call sheets.
My costume list
  • Must spend time at choreographed dance routine practice sessions.
  • Before this prelim, I had no experience performing on camera, but through our performance sessions with Jasmine my confidence grew and I realised how important it is to loosen up, have eye contact with the camera and be expressive.
  • Ed (the camera operator), Chris (the assistant director) and Dom (the director) taught me the importance of playback when they were filming the lip sync shots in the seward studio.
  • I learnt the importance of keeping all the set members organised, making sure everyone was briefed, aware of the timings of the day and having a fun environment around set balanced with punctuality, organisation and a good work ethic.
  • I learnt that the Seward Studio space was available with a lighting desk and a cyclorama for us to use on camera.
The Professional set up of lighting, camera equipment etc.
  • I am now knowledgeable about the conventions of a music video, e.g. including close-up beauty shots and jump cuts.

Beauty shot


Jump cuts


Post-production
  • I learnt how to cut the shots to the beat of the song with rapid shot transitions.
  • I also learnt multiple editing techniques that will be useful, e.g. how to zoom in and out, invert shots, change the angle, shot speed and the levels during colour grading.
Conclusion

I have enjoyed this whole prelim experience and I am certain that all the skills of organisation, performing, editing and knowledge about the lighting and camera equipment will be very useful for my approach to next term's music video coursework.


No comments:

Post a Comment