Music Video

Our Music Video:

Group 3 Music Video

Group 3 Front and Back Cover Digipak

The Digipak Front and Back Cover:

Our digipak front and back cover

Our digipak front and back cover

Group 3 Inside Cover Digipak

The Digipak Inside Cover:

Our digipak inside cover

Our digipak inside cover
Our artist's website:

Click the image below to access the website for Layla Obi


Tuesday 19 July 2016

Evaluation Q1: Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What role did you take? What were your best bits and why?

In the main workshop shoot day, we were performing our dance routines in costume and make up for the remake of Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' music video. Below is a timelapse of the actual day of shooting, showing the high quality set we were working on.

A timelapse of the shoot day

I enjoyed:
  • Being part of a professional shooting environment on set.

  • Dancing behind camera with a choreographed dance routine with my hair and makeup done.

  • Learning how to operate expensive lighting and camera equipment.

  • Meeting young working professionals that have had experience working in the media industry, e.g. our director Tom, assistant director Amy, Eddy on lighting and Ed as the camera operator



My role:
  • I was given many dancing roles as a hip-hop dancer, a robot dancer, contemporary dancer, a dancer in the end scene and even playing the drums for the band.
  • I volunteered to assist the director as a clapper loader for the cheerleader dance shots.




Best bits:

I enjoyed my role as a dancer behind the camera, dancing as a robot, hip hop dancer, contemporary, band drummer and part of the end dance sequence. Below are examples of dancing moments I had.






Conclusion

I was nervous that I wouldn't enjoy the shoot day, as I had little confidence in my ability to perform on camera, but everyone on the set was encouraging and it ended up being a very fun day although I'm still not sure about the quality of my dance moves. It was a valuable day as well, it was enjoyable understanding the make up of a professional set and the multiple roles needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment