Music Video

Our Music Video:

Group 3 Music Video

Group 3 Front and Back Cover Digipak

The Digipak Front and Back Cover:

Our digipak front and back cover

Our digipak front and back cover

Group 3 Inside Cover Digipak

The Digipak Inside Cover:

Our digipak inside cover

Our digipak inside cover
Our artist's website:

Click the image below to access the website for Layla Obi


Sunday 11 September 2016

R+P Post 2: Myself as a music consumer

When do I consume music?
  • Travelling in the car, bus or on the tube
  • At home when I'm relaxing
  • On my rare visit to the gym
  • At parties and nights out
  • Before playing sport
  • Sometimes before going to sleep
  • Sometimes in the shower
  • If I'm bored and have access to the internet or my phone and a pair of earphones
  • Whilst doing work by myself

Who do I consume music with?
  • Friends at social events
  • Family in the car or at family social events

How do I consume music?
  • On my phone or computer through Soundcloud, Spotify or Apple Music
  • With a pair of earphones by myself or using a speaker when I'm with others

Why do I consume music?
  • I listen to different music when I'm in different moods
  • It helps me relax, get pumped up, feel happy or concentrate
  • It's useful for creating the right vibe at parties and gatherings
  • It allows people to connect and express themselves


Childhood:
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child


I used to listen to a lot of Jimi Hendrix when I was young. 'Voodoo Child' was my favourite song when I was a child and I used to play it constantly. I thought electric guitarists were really cool and Jimi Hendrix was the God of all things guitar. I also liked Slash from Guns 'N' Roses when I was young too. I had a spell where I liked Eminem, 50 Cent and other rappers but that ended after a while.

Early Teens:
Frank Ocean - Thinking Bout You


After the dubstep phase of year seven, I started to like soul music and house music. I then began listening to Frank Ocean, which also made me like members of Odd Future. 'Thinking Bout You' was the first song that I listened to by Frank Ocean and so when I look back at my early teen years, it's the song that gives me the greatest sense of nostalgia.

Now:
Hawk House - Tidal Tendencies


I've recently started appreciating UK Hip Hop more as well as grime, garage and drum n bass by London artists. Hawk House are one group that I really like when I want to chill out.  As well as artists such as Yskjamie, Loyle Carner, Confzsinatra, Joe James, Tom Misch, King Krule and Crave Moore. My music taste has always been eclectic, but my knowledge of music has grown much more since I have aged, so I'm able to appreciate a wider range of music with a greater knowledge about the music that I'm appreciating. The fact that I now have Soundcloud means that it is more possible for me to start liking more current acts, who are more underground and unknown, which has certainly influenced my recent taste and broadened my musical knowledge.


Conclusion 

Music is, as I'd imagine for most people, a vitality in my life. The idea that I am attracted to certain music rather than others deeply interests me. I feel that as I've aged, I have started to become more aware of music from a cultural perspective, being able to see what certain artists represent. I've become more aware of whether a certain sound is unique and wholesome. Certainly when I was younger I was more aware of the music that my family was listening to, which affected me, but as I've aged, if I haven't found music independently, I will have most likely been recommended this song or that artist that I'm listening to from friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment